Friday, January 8, 2010

You’re all invited!

IMG_0555

Hi, everybody! Welcome to Scrumptious Company!  I’ve been so excited to start up this blog. I had a blast blogging in Catalonia, and have been just itching to get back to it since I’ve been home. There were a few odds and ends I had to take care of before I got this up and rolling, but they’ve all been evened-out and ended, and now I’m nothing but ready to go.

So, to start, let me fill you in a bit on what I’m up to. This right here is my dinner party diary. My plan is to keep a journal of all the home get-togethers my husband Ben and I host here in our Chicago apartment. My goal is to throw a dinner party a week. (Yikes!) It seems like a lot, I know. But you know what, when you get right down to it, there’s hardly anything I enjoy more in this world than cooking for and sharing meals with family and friends.

And you know what else, I don’t do nearly enough of it! Some of my best memories ever are of past dinner parties, yet still, we only have people over about once a month. So, while a challenge for sure, I can’t see anything but good coming from this goal. Just imagine, we get to look forward to a dinner party every week for the rest of the year. Fifty-two wonderful nights eating delicious food with our favorite people. What could be better, really?

But let’s not look too closely at either the word dinner nor party. I don’t want to limit ourselves in the least, so breakfast, lunch and brunch (brunch oh brunch, of course, brunch!) are fair game. So would be cocktail/hors d’oeuvre parties and other smorgasbord-like parties (Super Bowl, I’m talking ‘bout you here!) that don’t exactly involve a meal, per say – just lots of good food.

And then of course, we’re not millionaires, and while outgoing and rather fun if I do say so myself, we don’t have endless supplies of friends (endless supplies of family, yes, but they all live kinda far away) so we have to be a little lenient towards the understanding of what a party is going to be too. Me plus Ben plus at least one other person. Yes, as long as we have someone over and cook for them, this will suffice.

And while we’re at it, I think too, that sometimes I may want to post something that has absolutely nothing to do at all with either dinners or parties. Maybe I’ll stumble across a particularly good recipe or see something really neat that I just have to tell you about.  Like I said, we definitely don’t want to be limiting ourselves. Anyways, it’ll be kind fun to see what springs up along the way.

And now, with all that said and done, it’s about time to get down to business. But before these dinner parties commence, let me just say thanks to you all for reading! I am so happy that you are here. Welcome, welcome, welcome!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, can I "follow" this blog like the Catalan Cookery blog? I don't see that option.

    - Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meghan! I have an even better way to follow this time 'round. Check out the top right side of the page. You'll see where you can sign yourself up to get an email every time I make a new post. Pretty cool, I think. Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie,
    Or I guess I should say Kate! You've grown up!! This is Miss Arcocha/Mrs. Kraus/Ana... remember me? Your blog is very cool, and the food looks amazing! I think you've started something very fun:) Good luck.... I look forward to watching your progress over the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Miss Arcocha! Of course I remember! It's been so long, but seems like just yesterday I was sitting in your fourth-grade homeroom. Those were the days!

    Thank you so much for the note - It was just so great to hear from you! And I'm excited you'll be reading. Hope all is great with you and your family. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete